- Y chromosome test for just $249
- 27 marker test
- Results are available within 3–5 working days (from receipt of all samples in the lab)
- Award-winning laboratory
- All Y chromosome test kits are sent using discreet packaging
- All reports are emailed back and protected by password security
Simple-to-use home Y chromosome testing kit for only $249 online
Four Easy Steps for your Y Chromosome Test
Buy your collection kit
Collect your cheek cell DNA samples
Post back to our laboratory
Receive your results by email
Y chromosome testing
A Y chromosome test (also referred to as a Y DNA test) is used to verify a biological relationship when a male’s alleged father is unavailable for a DNA paternity test. A son inherits his Y chromosome from his father, and the chromosome does not change from father to son.
Since the Y chromosome mutates once every 10,000 years, it is possible to analyze and compare test participants for biological relatedness through the paternal family line.
If the males in question are related, their Y chromosome will be identical.
Please note that this test cannot identify whether the test participants are father and son, grandfather or grandson, uncle or nephew, etc. It just demonstrates that the two males are paternally related.
Why use AlphaBiolabs for your Y chromosome test?
We perform Y chromosome testing using the most up-to-date technology for reliable, accurate and effective results.
Enclosed in the test kit:
- Y chromosome test request/consent form
- Complete instructions on how to take the Y chromosome test and how to return the samples
- An already-addressed envelope to send the test sample back to AlphaBiolabs
- Three sample collection swab packages containing two swabs in each package
- Individual DNA test sample envelopes for the test participants. Extra individuals can be easily added using our online form
Your test results will be emailed to you within 3–5 days of the samples arriving at the laboratory.
Order your Y chromosome test online for only $249.
If you have any questions or require further information, contact us via Live Chat or call now at 727-325-2902.