- Easy-to-use aunt DNA test for $249 online
- A guaranteed result or your money back
- Our DNA tests use up to 35 markers for accurate results
- Results emailed back within 3–5 days and are password-protected for privacy and security
- All testing is 100% confidential
Find peace of mind with this easy-to-use home aunt DNA testing kit for only $249 online
Four easy steps for your aunt DNA test
Buy your collection kit
Collect your cheek cell DNA samples
Post back to our laboratory
Receive your results by email
Why is our aunt testing different?
A guaranteed result or your money back
We need to make you aware that you may not get the decisive answer you are looking for. It is the testing industry’s best kept secret that for most laboratories, aunt DNA testing can be up to 40% inconclusive. This means that four out of every 10 people do not get the result they have paid for.
Our award-winning DNA laboratory has been able to reduce the inconclusive rate down to 28%.
This is better, but still not acceptable to us. That’s why AlphaBiolabs has launched a guaranteed result or your money-back promise. We will refund the price of your aunt test if you use our service and don’t get a conclusive result.
DNA aunt testing
In many situations, the assumed mother or father has passed away – or is unwilling to take a DNA test – and the only way to determine the biological relationship of a child is to perform a DNA test on the alleged aunt.
AlphaBiolabs’ aunt DNA test (also known as an avuncular test) compares a child’s DNA profile with a possible aunt’s. Since a child inherits half of its DNA from each biological parent, the DNA comparison can reveal whether the child has inherited DNA from the suspected aunt.
Once the participants have had their DNA material tested, AlphaBiolabs can calculate a combined likelihood ratio that will determine the probability of relatedness.
This is not the same as a paternity test, which is more conclusive: aunt DNA testing will produce genetic profiles of the participants and determine probabilities. If a probability of relatedness is 90% or higher, it is highly likely that the aunt is related to the niece/nephew; under 10% probability would be considered unlikely to be related. And if the probability of relatedness falls between 10% and 90%, it is inconclusive: a relationship cannot be statistically supported by the analysis.
What is in your aunt DNA testing kit?
- Each kit contains three DNA sample collection swab packages (each holding two swabs) enough to test one child, an aunt, and a mother/father, where possible. Extra individuals can be easily added using our online form.
- Peace of Mind aunt DNA test request/consent form
- Complete instructions to walk you through taking the test and how to return the DNA samples to AlphaBiolabs
- Individual DNA sample collection envelopes
- An already-addressed envelope so you can send the DNA samples back to AlphaBiolabs
You will receive your results by email within 3–5 days after our laboratory has received your samples.
Order your aunt DNA test here for only $249.
If you have any questions or require further information, contact us via Live Chat or call now at 727-325-2902.